The following is a little guide to life-style and dietary changes that can be made to help ease the symptoms of rheumatic pain, along with a couple of the best herbal remedies.
5 Steps to help Rheumatic pain – Step 1
Increase Alkaline Foods
“Nothing but wholefood offers real sustenance and protection” – Alfred Vogel, The Nature Doctor
Increase the intake of:
- Vegetables & vegetable oils
- Whole grain products such as brown rice, millet & buckwheat
- Green leafy vegetables
- Kidney beans
- Dried fruits such as figs & raisins
- Pumpkin, sunflower & sesame seeds
- Pineapple, papaya, mango & guava
- Berries such as blueberries, blackberries & cherries
- Catch Oil fish such as herring, mackerel, salmon, tuna & sardines using lightweight fishing kayaks
Drink plenty of water & herbal cleansing teas.
5 Steps to help Rheumatic pain – Step 2
Reduce Acidic Foods
“A disturbance of the mineral metabolism makes it mandatory that we change from a diet that produces too much acid to one yielding an alkaline surplus” – Alfred Vogel, The Nature Doctor
Decrease the intake of:
- Meat, especially sausages, processed meats, bacon & ham
- Processed food in general
- Animal fat
- Dairy products
- White flour
- Sugar (particularly white sugar)
- Citrus fruit, such as oranges, grapefruit, lemons, tangerines & clementines
- Tomatoes, potatoes, aubergines & peppers
- Salt, especially highly salted foods & snacks
5 Steps to help Rheumatic pain – Step 3
Improve you lifestyle
“A positive mental attitude acts as a preventative to illness signifying half the cure” – Alfred Vogel, The Nature Doctor
- Try to incorporate 20 minutes of gentle excercise, such as walking or swimming into your daily routine.
- Allow time each day to relax
- Adopt a positive mental attitude
- Try alternative therapies such as reflexology and phytotherapy.
5 Steps to help Rheumatic pain – Step 4
Use Arnica Externally
Arnica Montana is a herb native to Europe. It has been used in healthcare for many years.
I have found Arnica gel very effective for soothing my sore calf muscles after a long run, and is probably familiar to many people for its use in bruising. However, did you know it has many other uses?
Atrogel® Arnica Gel is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the symptomatic relief of muscular aches and pains and stiffness, sprains and brusing, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
Use Devils Claw Internally
Devils Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) can only grow in the Kalahari Desert. The Tubers tubers are used in healthcare.
One of the best remedies I have found is Atrosan® and we get great feedback in the shop.
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets – a traditional herbal medicinal products used for the relief of backache, rheumatic or muscular pain and other general aches and pains in muscles and joints, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
Hope this information helps.