One of the top requests we receive here at The Natural Way is superfood recipes muffins.
Our customers want to know: How can I use organic, non-GMO ingredients to make delicious, affordable superfood meals and treats?
To help answer that question, we went into the kitchen and developed an incredibly delicious recipe for what we’re calling “Gluten-Free Organic Blueberry Coconut Superfood Muffins.”
Here’s how to make this delicious recipe. Most of the ingredients are available from The Natural Way in store. Others can be found at farmers markets or local shops.
Gluten-Free Organic Blueberry Coconut Superfood Muffins
Preheat your over to 350 degrees (F) while you gather the following items:
Hint: Always choose organic where possible, as organic foods are grown without the use of toxic chemical pesticides and herbicides.
Please see our handy, downloadable conversion chart, for measurement conversions —>
1 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of sea salt
5 free-range eggs
1/2 cup coconut butter (or oil)
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup almond milk
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Mix 1/2 cup of almond milk with chia seeds and set it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Combine coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, vanilla, and coconut sugar and mix well.
3. Add eggs, coconut butter, chia seeds (the texture should be thick) and the rest of almond milk.
4. Blend in the frozen blueberries by hand, being careful not to crush the blueberries.
5. Pour this batter into paper muffin liners that you’ve placed in a muffin baking pan. Fill them completely.
6. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees (F) for 35 – 40 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside and completely cooked on the inside.
You can find these mostly organic ingredients at The Natural Way:
organic coconut flour
organic almond milk
organic chia seeds
free range eggs
organic sea salt
Don’t forget to let us know how you get on if you try and make these delicious superfood muffins!