Just thinking about the up and coming winter and what foods we can eat to fend off any colds, and that have an immune-boosting punch to help build up your body’s natural defenses:
- GARLIC contains the active ingredient allicin, which has natural anti-fungal and antibiotic functions.
- HONEY, especially Manuka, is brimming with natural antibiotic properties.
- EGGS, and in particular the yolks, are rich in vitamin D, known to help modulate immune function.
- PUMPKIN SEEDS are rich in zinc, which has been shown in studies to help fend off colds and flu.
- OATS contain a type of fibre known as beta-glucans, which is thought to have both antimicrobial and antioxidant benefits.
- TURMERIC, contain curcumin, which has been shown to strengthen cell membranes and ward off infection thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- ORANGES and LEMONS are full of vitamin C, which is a potent immune-booster.
So look no further than the food that you eat for a little extra immune-boosting help.